The following requirements set forth by the Arizona Revised Statute R.S. § 32-4222 Qualifications for Licensure:
An applicant for a license as a massage therapist shall:
- As of January 2023, Arizona therapists are now required to possess a level one clearance card.
- Within five years preceding the date of the application, not have been convicted of:
- A class 1, 2 or 3 felony.
- A class 4, 5 or 6 felony offense involving moral turpitude that has a reasonable relationship to the practice of massage therapy.
- A misdemeanor involving prostitution or solicitation or other similar offense involving moral turpitude that has a reasonable relationship to the practice of massage therapy.
- Within the past five years, not have voluntarily surrendered a license under section 32-4254 or not have had a license to practice massage therapy or another similar license revoked by a political subdivision of this state or a regulatory agency in another jurisdiction in the United States for an act that occurred in that jurisdiction and that would be subject to discipline pursuant to this chapter.
- Provide a passport quality photo.
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship or other, check Arizona Massage Therapy website.
- Proof of Arizona residency.
- Applicants must complete an Arizona Statement of Citizenship or provide Alien Status for State Public Benefits
Applicants must provide evidence of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National status, or Alien status
- Applicants must provide Social Security card